Protect Line logotype
Welcome to Protect Line's Help Centre
Hi, how can we help?
Help Centre»»Are children covered by life insurance?

Are children covered by life insurance?

Life insurance will only payout for the death of the insured person.

Your life insurance payout will usually be claimed by your next of kin, unless you specify otherwise in a Will or put your life insurance into Trust. Proceeds from your life insurance payout can be used to provide for your children if you are no longer around.

Depending on the provider and policy type chosen, your Critical Illness Cover may provide a payout if your child is diagnosed with a listed illness. If this is something you are interested in please mention it to your Protect Line specialist, as this is sometimes an optional extra and not included as standard.

Some Critical Illness Cover policies will provide a payout to you if your child passes away. These payouts are intended to help cover the cost of your child’s funeral, and most pay a £5,000 contribution, although others pay £10,000.

All help centre articles are designed to help give generic information to UK consumers. Protect Line operates on a non-advised basis, so no help centre article should be considered as advice or an indication of the terms and conditions of your policy. Insurers also update their terms and conditions from time to time and while Protect Line endeavours to keep all information up to date, there is a chance the information on these pages may become outdated. All information is correct at the time of publication. To ensure you fully understand the terms and conditions of your policy please read all your documents and contact us for clarification if there is something you do not understand.

Still can't find what you're looking for?

Our Help Centre is the quickest and easiest way for you to get an answer to your query. However, if you haven't found the answer to your question here, or you'd like to get in touch about something else, you can also contact our Customer Service Support Team who will be happy to assist.

Content goes here